Ms. Voorhis is a graduate of The College of New Jersey, formerly known as Trenton State College, where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing in 1985. She attended Pace University School of Law and was a Member of the Health Law Division of the John Jay Legal Services Clinic and a member of the Pace Law Review. In 1992 she received her Juris Doctorate with Ranking Scholar Honors. She was admitted to the New Jersey State Bar in 1992 and the New York State Bar in 1993. .
In addition to her involvement in law, Ms. Voorhis practiced as a Registered Nurse and brings to law a unique understanding of the health care professional. Ms. Voorhis also has had the opportunity to be a guest professor in the Law and Medicine course at the Fordham Law School and has been a program speaker with the Institute for New Jersey Institute of Continuing Legal Education, Iona College, and the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine.
- The College of New Jersey (Trenton State College) B.S.N., 1985
- Pace University School of Law, J.D., 1992
- State of New Jersey 1992
- State of New York 1993
- United States District Court for New Jersey 1992
- United States Court of Appeals, Third Circuit 2018
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Medical Malpractice Special Committee Member
- Trial Attorneys of New Jersey (Trustee 2020)
- American Nurses Association
- New Jersey State Nurses Association