Renee J. Sherman
Ms. Sherman has been practicing as a trial lawyer since 1992. Her practice concentrates on the defense of healthcare professionals, including physicians in all medical specialties, nurses, physician assistants, chiropractors, dentists and healthcare institutions. In addition to trying cases throughout the State of New Jersey, she has argued numerous appeals before the New Jersey Superior Court, Appellate Division and has appeared before New Jersey's State Board of Medical Examiners and the New Jersey Board of Nursing representing physicians and nurses in Board inquiries. Renee was certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Civil Trial Attorney in 2002 and has continuously been re-certified.
In addition to her work as a trial lawyer, Renee is a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers (ACTL), a leading trial lawyers organization in the United States and Canada where Fellowship is extended by invitation only, as well as a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates and a former Trustee and current member of the Trial Attorneys of New Jersey. Renee has been named as a Super Lawyer by New Jersey Monthly Magazine for her work as a Medical Malpractice Defense Attorney and is a frequent lecturer on topics related to medical malpractice and a mock trial participant.
- Rutgers College, B.A. 1987
- The T. C. Williams School of Law at the University of Richmond, J. D. 1992
- New Jersey and United States District Court for the District of New Jersey, 1992
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, 1992
- Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Civil Trial Attorney (2002 to Present)
- American College of Trial Lawyers, Fellow (2020 to Present)
- Essex County Bar Association (1992 to 2013)
Lectures / Presentations
- New Jersey Institute of Continuing Legal Education
- Association for Justice, Inc. - Meadowlands Seminar
- MDAdvantage Insurance Company of New Jersey, Mock Trial
- New Jersey Legal Training Academy LLC, Annual New Jersey Medical Malpractice Seminar